Thursday, October 1, 2009

Help with comments and photos

I'm wondering if any of you can help me. I have a hard time posting on some blogs. It just doesn't let me. It's always the ones with the drop-down list where you choose your posting ID (google account, wordpress, openID, etc.). I've chosen google, no luck. OpenID, which should work according to blogger, no luck. I've tried all kinds of things over time and always get frustrated and give up...until I build up enough patience to try again. Has anyone experienced this before?? Better yet, has anyone fixed it?!  Kate and Golden Pony Girl - right now you are two blogs I can't comment on :(

Now, on to some neat pictures. I can't take credit - my hubby took these while I was riding Edgar. I made him come with me since it was the first ride and his owners weren't home. Click on image for larger version.

Praying Mantis




Marbled Orb Weaver


Banded Orb Weaver. 
I love how he made his web among
the daisies - such perfect camouflage.

8 comments:

Melissa-ParadigmFarms said...

When you go to post comments on those blogs are you already logged in to blogger, or google, or whatever? I've found I have to already be logged in to post comments on the blogs with the drop down menu for comments like you describe.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes when I go to comment, and I'm not logged in, and I select my profile and then hit either preview or post comment, I get an error message - "action could not be completed" or something like that - usually, if I just hit preview or post comment again I get the regular log-in box and can complete that and then post the comment.

If you keep having problems, you may want to notify the Blogger help forum, giving your URL, and they may be able to help.

RuckusButt said...

Thanks guys. Yeah, I make sure to log in first and I've tried doing preview first too. Sometimes I get the error message but mostly it just clears the comment field and nothing happens. I guess I'll contact blogger!

HorseOfCourse said...

Catching up on posts, RB - busy week again!
It might have to do with your pop-up blocker, you know.

manymisadventures said...

Hey there - if you would like to hear the sheep comment, go ahead and shoot me an email (it's in my profile).

It's nothing too exciting - I just came to the conclusion that he might not want it posted on something quite as public as the internet ;)

RuckusButt said...

Yay, problem solved!! HorseOfCourse mentioned pop-ups, which had me looking at my security settings. I tried allowing pop-ups and that didn't fix it. So then I took Kate's advice and looked up blogger help forums which suggested checking your third party cookie settings. That did the trick! Many thanks to you guys for helping me resolve this issue.

Once Upon an Equine said...

Wow! Great bug photos!

HorseOfCourse said...

And what about your horse project? have you had another try?