Monday, January 28, 2013

My Horse, I Love You.

(cross posted from facebook)

You are sensitive and insecure, but also kind. While searching for a partner, I found a horse or two that I’m sure I would have loved and enjoyed. But you were always in my mind, though I didn’t admit it since you were so young. I followed your progress online wherever I could. Now that you are in my life, it seems it couldn’t have worked out any other way.

You are so mature in many ways that when you have your baby moments, sometimes it’s a surprise. Once in awhile, you try to pretend you aren’t so scared but then you look at me to ask “is it ok?” and with a gentle shush and a neck rub, you sigh and relax. I could exist solely for those moments.

You can be hyper and have the attention span of a gnat but when I do have your attention, you are capable of amazing things. Sometimes I feel like I’m not good enough for you but then I think about how I will provide you with everything you will ever need, for life, and I know that the rest doesn’t matter. The only potential you care about is being loved and cared for. This, I can promise to give. 


Oh, my baby horse, you have weaved your way into my life, my heart, and I couldn’t imagine it any other way.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lovely and sweet tribute!

Laura said...

I love it!!! I'm sooo glad you guys found each other. Can't wait to see what you accomplish over the coming years! :-)

RuckusButt said...

I'm feeling a little sentimental this week :-)

Melissa-ParadigmFarms said...

Connecting with a heart horse is the best :)

Once Upon an Equine said...

Oh!!! I just got caught up! (I'm not online much these days - too busy.) Big congrats on your beautiful new horse. I love the snow pictures. You both look great together. And what beautiful thoughts you wrote to you sweet boy.