Saturday, June 14, 2008

The best of BYBs (back yard breeders)

This is fantastic in a sad/sick way:

http://www.ultimatehorsesite.com/fun/joke_sellhorsewrong.html

Thanks to fuglyhorseoftheday.blogspot.com for providing direction to it.

In the last 2 months I have gained much deaper knowledge of BYBs, horse slaughter, conformation, rescue and much more largely due to the fugly blog. The issues raised there inspire many hours of research on various topics. It is both great and disturbing.

It is too hot to write, but I AM getting to the farm tomorrow to ride and work with "my" fugly, Cherokee. Actually, although I am no expert I have yet to find any obvious faults with Cherokee's conformation, though he does need muscle building and has an old quarter crack line that looks like it should be a deal breaker but doesn't bother him in the least.

No comments: