Wednesday, July 9, 2008

First Lesson

I had my first lesson on Monday. Whew, it was HARD! I enjoyed it, but haven't worked so hard in a long time. I didn't expect it to be so intense for the whole hour, I am used to slowing the pace down whenever I'm tired or feel like I'm not "getting it". Well, it's more difficult in a lesson. Overall though, I think I will like it just fine. The only negatives are that I couldn't hear the instructors comments/directions all the time and that I wasn't able to get an idea of what to expect before hand. Oh well.

My mount was a little paint mare who was really very kind to me. SO much more get up and go than I am used to, super easy transitions (heck, it impresses me if a horse will do them period, lol). She also did a flying change all on her own. I had just asked for a canter, she took the wrong lead and I was about to correct it and voila! she just switched. I was so excited, it was silly. She was also quite sensitive which was a challenge for my inconsistent contact. But I survived and am looking forward to next week.

No comments: