Thursday, July 17, 2008

Just one of those days...x 2

Yesterday I was determined to get some groceries done after work since I had discovered that morning that there was no coffee and really nothing to make for dinner. So, after walking Hazel for an hour and a half, I dragged my butt to the car and drove to the store. Once I got there, I realized my wallet was in my dog-walking purse. Grrrr! I drove home, got my wallet and did the groceries. Sigh of relief.

Once home, I fired up the barbeque, seasoned the pork chops I had just purchased and went back out to cook some dinner. Keep in mind it was 8:30 and I hadn't eaten a thing. I open up the lid of the grill and...nothing. No flame, barely warm. F*@#, no propane. Double Grrrrr. Fortunately, I had just purchased a frozen pizza in case of emergency. Fine.

At least I had coffee! I was smart enough to program the coffee maker to go off at 6am. It was my first day having to do the am walk since starting my job, so I needed the extra incentive to get out of bed early. Somehow, I forgot to set the alarm, so I slept in a little. Oh well, at least the coffee would be waiting for me, right? No, it was set for 6 PM. Seriously, how dumb can I be? Ok, coffee on. Brush teeth, etc. Pour coffee, put in milk...curdled. No, I am not making this up. There was one scant cup left and, thankfully, some cream left over from making ice cream. Ahh, luxury coffee!

Needless to say, I have not sorted photos, sent emails or much else. On the plus side, tonight I went to my sister's. She fed me good food, I played with my nieces and they tuckered Hazel out. Definitly helped balance out the last two days.

No comments: