Horse of Course kindly gave me my first blogger award! This award is all about sharing a little of yourself and also highlighting the blogs you like. I think this is a great way to learn about other blogs and the bloggers behind them. However, most, if not all, of the blogs I read have already received this award. Great for them, not so good for me. I think instead I will post websites I enjoy over the next few posts. It's all about expanding horizons right? Well, there are only so many blogs you can read in a day and the honest scrap has made the rounds!
Here are some honest scraps about me:
- I am a certified open-water scuba diver. My husband and I took the training, studied and completed the required dives (and then some) on our honeymoon 2 years ago.
- I can get loud. Sometimes when I’m angry, sometimes when I’m happy or excited. Sometimes for no apparent reason at all.
- I owned my own horse once. His name was Will Beware and he was pretty awesome though I didn’t own him for long. I am trying to get his (my?) story written and submitted to Mugwump Chronicles. It’s hard. I’ve searched for Willie all over the internet but I don’t know what happened to him or even what age he would be, though he would have to be at least 25.
- I draw quite a bit but usually for only a few weeks a year. Don’t know why. Nudes are my favorite.
- I hate sleeping without an open window. I love naps, especially on a sunny spring/summer day in the early afternoon with fresh air coming in. There is something so luxurious about it that I just love.
- I hate long sleeves on shirts but love a good sweater.
- I moved to a different city from my husband for 2 years to complete a Masters degree in Industrial & Organizational Psychology. The independence it took for me to do this is very important to me.
- It often takes several attempts for me to leave the house when I’m going out. Not because I’m obsessive-compulsive but because I often forget stuff.
- I love vegetable gardening. I have fond memories of weeding the tomatoes and peppers with my Nonna (grandma in Italian) and then sitting and eating cucumbers whole. For the last few years, I have been filling my balcony with tomatoes, lettuces and herbs because I have no yard. That’s about to change!
- I am very fortunate to have a husband who is still my best friend and a lot of fun after 10 years together. Granted, occasionally I think he had a lobotomy or something and I don’t understand him at all…but mostly we see things in similar ways or have civil debates :)
To come, I need to go to bed!